Well, it has been some time since my last blog. Could not get on to the blogger page for a few months... thanks I think mostly to the Great Fire Wall of China. There was of course a week when we had patchy access to gmail and google. Any one guess what week that was?
That of course led me to cave in and join facebook. Which I still maitain is narcassistic, but I am on there anyway.
So, school of course has finished. Can you believe we finished a whole school year in China. It went so quickly. It felt like just yesterday that Mark and I got of the plane and were bewildered by everything. Now we are just bewildered by most things. After a massive learning curve, we really settled in to China quite well and find it a really easy place to live. I think I may have forgotten how to drive, eat with a knife and fork and the way Australian's pronounce tomato.
We are really looking forward to the next school year. Lots of our good collegues and friends have moved on, but we look forward to meeting new people and having friends all over the world to go and visit. Mark will shift from Middle School Counsellor to High School Counsellor which he is very happy about. I have enjoyed teaching Middle School Drama way more than I thought I would, grade 6s are my favourite group. But they still have not replaced the High School Drama teacher, so who knows what next year holds for me.
But until then, we will spend these next 4 weeks working our way down to Australia and then two weeks in Brisbane. Today we are at Kata beach in Phuket... spent three days in Singapore first. In China town, it felt very western after a year in China.
We were initially going to spend 4 nights here in Kata, but extended our stay by another week. You'll understand why once I get some photos on here. May do some island hopping, but we'll wait and see.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yaay!! About time for an update!
ReplyDeleteThankyou... Anonymous.
ReplyDeleteHi Lyndal and Mark,
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you guys are well... better than well! It's weird being home. There are a lot of things I want to soak in and I feel like I don't have enough time, but I miss my friends in China.
I've also forgotten how I used to pronounce "tomato." Maybe Mark needs to offer us linguistic counselling.
The other day, I got an iced mango green tea with tapioca pearls. It was about 2.5 times what we pay in China, for half the size. Aahh... DuDu.
Safe travels and see you soon,
Elvina