So today hit 1 degree. Tonight is expected to to get to -5. It is fair to say that Mark and I think this is quite rude. We did experience the cold in Europe but we seem to have blocked this out of our minds. It is also a different type of cold compared to London. It is not grey, cloudy and wet but blue skies no clouds and a real biting cold.
Our Canadian and American friends think that it is hilarious that we find it so cold. The couldn't believe that we only owned about 3 jumpers each and didn't have a pair of gloves. They all wait for us at the bus stop in the morning to see how cold the Australians look today.
Our apartment is quite warm though, we have reverse cycle air-con which does the trick. We have both (yes both) of our blankets on the bed and are quite toasty. I told the kids at school that I will complain about the cold all winter.
I can't find my nice pair of fluffy pink sock though. I blame the ayi.
Friday, December 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i did it.
ReplyDeletegot your blog.
hey guys. i just checked and tomorrow is going to be 20 degrees!!
ReplyDelete